Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Question 4 Part 2

At the construction stages these new media technologies don't just become convenient or helpful but essential in achieving the levels of progress we wanted.
First off came the capture and recording of our content. A decent camera was needed if we wanted decent pictures but for the best quality products we'd need high quality equipment. Most people who undertook this project had access to standard full HD cameras but I was lucky enough to have my own camera, the Panasonic Lumix FZ200. This camera is known as a bridge camera as it's not quite the DSLR standard (mostly because of an inability to change the lens) but still had the capabilities to record in full 1080p HD with even the option to record 720p HD at 200 frames per second. With that as well as a 24x optical zoom and LCD display this was quite the piece of kit.
However, limitations of time meant that it was impossible to learn how to access all the best apature, exposure settings etc and so certain light conditions in the video were not catered too. In other circumstances however, the picture was very clear and I had no problem in taking the stills for the print productions.

When it came to editing stages we really had some extemely useful tools. Adobe Photoshop CS5 is a wonderfully versatile program that allows hundreds if not thousands of effects to be created using it's various tools. It was great for solving problems such as red eye reduction. The method I chose involved zooming and selecting the iris with the oval select tool and then going to Image in the tool bar then adjustments and clicking on Hue/saturation. Then it was just a case of sliding until the preview showed the desired colour I wanted. Other adjustments included changing the overall hue.

The adjustments I made however we pretty limited in comparison to the potential I know is possible to acheive but again in my circumstances I didn't have enough time to go out and learn about different techniques or possibilties that would have probably allowed me to form more interesting or possibly individual ideas. I think that my design was probably already somewhat influenced by what I knew I was capable of doing on Photoshop as I have had experience prior to beginning this course.

For the video, Adobe Premier Pro CS5 was the program used for our video editing.This was something completely new but luckily really easy to pick up. What I planned to do with my editing meant that luckily I wasn't going to be using any super complicated editing techniques (although arguably this could have been a subconcious choice due to my little knowledge of the program) and so the tools most useful to me were those allowing me to create super precise cuts and match up the lip synching to an equally precise level. This was managed by using the zoom function to extend the timeline out, making it easier to pinpoint where to cut too. In terms of lip syncing it would have pretty much been 100% trial and error if not for the marker tools that could be used and references when trying to match up both audio and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment